Below are pool rules from the Park Forest Aqua Center, Illinois Patron Regulations for Swimming Pools, and Wibit.
ILLINOIS PATRON REGULATIONS FOR SWIMMING POOLS
- Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; any infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious.
- Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind also shall be refused admittance.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the pool area.
The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum, or tobacco is allowed in other than specially designated and controlled sections of the pool area.
- Glass containers are prohibited. Tempered glass scuba face masks are not permitted.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized.
- No running or boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, is permitted.
- Only clean footwear or wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area or bathhouse. Due to space restrictions & deck clearance policies, strollers may be parked in the front lobby.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
Glass, soap, or other materials that might create hazardous conditions or interfere with the efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean.
- All persons who are not toilet-trained shall wear a swim diaper.
- Diving in water is not permitted except when allowed for competitive swimming and training.
- Swimming is prohibited at outdoor swimming pools when lightning and/or thunder is present, including a 30-minute period after the last lightning or thunder is observed.
- Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
Parents or guardians should supervise their children at all times. No exceptions.
- No one should swim alone.
- The pool management has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are more stringent or that supplement those listed here.
PARK FOREST AQUA CENTER POOL RULES
- Obey all lifeguard and supervisor instructions. Failure to do so may result in the patron/guest being asked to leave, or forcibly removed from the facility by law enforcement.
- All children 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water and within arm’s reach of a child. Children of any age 15 yrs or younger who cannot swim must be within arm’s reach of a parent /guardian at all times.
- Children who wear personal flotation devices under 15 yrs must have an adult in the water within arm's reach at all times.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult guardian 18 years of age or older.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) approved flotation devices are allowed in the pool. No inner tubes, rafts, swim school vests, “babysitters” tubes or rings, mermaid fins, water wings, etc are allowed. All items used for flotation MUST have a USCG-approved stamp to be allowed in the pool.
- USCG-approved vests are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. A deposit may be required.
- Swimsuits are required. No street clothes, street shoes, cut-offs, denim shorts, or thong bathing suits are permitted in the pool unless deemed appropriate for religious purposes.
- Leaders of organized groups visiting the Aqua Center must assume responsibility for the actions and behavior of their group while at the Aqua Center.
- In the interest of public safety, the Aqua Center Management may close the pool for the following reasons:
- If the air temperature drops below 70 degrees
- If rain, lightning, or threatening weather is in sight.
- Maintenance pool issues arise that deem water & pool unsafe.
- A critical incident or emergency occurs.
- The Village of Park Forest and the Park Forest Aqua Center and management assume no liability for any person, whether child or adult leaving the facility in the event of severe weather if a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of our guests.
- One or more pools may be closed when attendance is low.
- The sale of daily fee entry may be discontinued when attendance reaches capacity.
- The Aqua Center or its managers are not responsible for lost or stolen items. The use of personal locks on lockers is recommended.
- Follow all rules posted by each pool or deck areas. Slide height restrictions will be enforced.
- Only service animals are permitted in Aquatic Facility, all other pets are not allowed.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the deck, except for water in unbreakable containers. NO GLASS, including glass bottles lined in silicone/padding anywhere. Food can only be eaten in designated concession areas. No outside food is permitted.
- Feet first entry is required. No ‘twists’, flips, or diving allowed.
- No hanging on lane lines, ropes, rails, or slides.
- Swim lessons/personal training/coaching by authorized CELTS Aquatics Group, LLC only.
- Rules are subject to change at any time by management as seen fit. This is a ZERO TOLERANCE facility.
- Guests that fail to comply with facility rules and procedures will be asked to leave with no refund.
- Your cooperation in following these rules is greatly appreciated.
- Children 6 years & younger are not permitted on the Wibit regardless of adult supervision.
- Wibit participants must display a stamp or wristband indicating activity pass purchase.
- Non-swimmers must have a parent/guardian present, and wear a USCG-approved lifejacket in order to use the Wibit.
- All jewelry, including watches, rings, necklaces, bobby pins, or any other sharp objects are not permitted. Shoes are not permitted.
- No diving or jumping off Wibits. Exit from Wibits is falling or final Slide Wibit only.
- Only 2 people are allowed on each Wibit piece at one time.
- The Wibit is a one-way street. Direction from Step through to Slide only. If a participant falls off, they will need to get back on at the same or later point and/or swim towards the deep end (slide).
- Feet first only on Slide Wibit.
- Participants will need to exit via the deep end.
- Hanging on lane lines or tethers is not permitted.